Lead by a Diabetes Educator, this series of five sessions is designed to transform the way you learn about and manage Type II diabetes. Each session is interactive and informative. Participants are encouraged to set goals to work on between sessions. Program includes “Type 2 BASICS” book. Family members or caregivers are also welcome to attend, but please reserve a spot in advance.
All sessions are facilitated by a registered dietitian.
- Description of diabetes disease process and treatment options
- Incorporating nutritional management into lifestyle
- Incorporating physical activity into lifestyle
- Using medications safely
- Monitoring blood glucose, understanding target goals and interpreting results
- Preventing, detecting, and treating chronic complications
- Developing personal strategies to address psychosocial issues and concerns
- Developing personal strategies to promote health and behavior change
Your health insurance plan may cover the fees for these sessions.
Please call to find out.
Please note that if you wish to cancel a scheduled appointment, you must do so at least 24 hours before the scheduled time for the appointment, or else a $25 fee will be assessed.