Our Campus Rebuilding Project — The New White Memorial
In August 2001, Adventist Health White Memorial embarked on a multi-phase campus construction project that is now in its final phase. A key milestone was the opening of a new 8-story specialty care tower on April 26, 2006. The entire campus project was completed in March 2010.
The first portion began March 3, 2001 with "soft demolition" – removal of everything inside the building, leaving only the building skeleton. Hard demolition – the demolition of the external walls – began at the end of March. A wrecking ball provided dramatic visuals as demolition continued in May. The demolition is expected to be completed at the end of June. After the site is cleared, the last phase of our campus construction -- building a new lobby concourse, gift shop and chapel – will begin. That construction, and our entire project, was completed in March 2010.
Project Scope and Timeline
- Central Utilities Upgrade - Completed 2003
- White Memorial Medical Plaza II Office Building - Completed 2004
- New Specialty Care Tower - Opened April 26, 2006
- Retrofitting and Remodeling - Started May 2006
- Demolitions - Started January 2008
- New Lobby, Chapel and Main Entrance Construction - 2008-2009
- Project completion - March 2010
- Medical Office Building (MOB) Plaza III Construction - Planning started in 2009; Groundbreaking Ceremony on May 9, 2012; Esimated to be completed in Fall 2013.
Growing and Building to Care for You!
Watch below, the amazing video of how the White Memorial Medical Plaza III was built.