We offer a variety of classes designed to help you take control of your diabetes. You will meet individually with one of our certified diabetes educators who will work closely with you to help you achieve your goal.
- Educational Module 1 – Diabetes Basic Survival Skills: This interactive three hour class enables the participant to become familiar with all aspects of Diabetes care. The participant will learn the importance of self-blood glucose monitoring to control their blood sugar levels as well as the importance of taking their oral medicines and insulin as directed by their physician. Participants will also learn hyperglycemia/hypoglycemia management and nutrition basics. A referral from a physician is required in order to attend the class.
- Educational Module 2 – Nutrition Management: This interactive three hour class enables the participant to learn how foods affect blood sugar levels. Basic nutrition for diabetes and weight control is emphasized. An interactive method of teaching is used to allow participants adequately practice in planning their own meals. A referral from a physician is required in order to attend the class.
- Educational Module 3 – Complications & Prevention: This interactive three hour class is designed to help the participant understand the complications that can occur as a result of uncontrolled blood sugar levels. It also gives participants the tools to help prevent the onset of complications by stressing the ABC’s of diabetes care:
- Hemoglobin A1C<7
- Blood Pressure Level <130/80
- Cholesterol Level <100 (LDL)
- HDL>40 for men and HDL>50 for woman
- Triglyceride Levels <150 A referral from a physician is required in order to attend the class.
- Surviving Gestational Diabetes: This interactive three hour class teaches the management of blood glucose levels for participants with diabetes during pregnancy. All aspects of control are presented including nutrition, insulin self-administration, self-blood glucose monitoring and goals for optimum control. The goal of the class is to keep both baby and mother in good health for a successful pregnancy. A referral from a physician is required in order to attend the class.