Twenty-six percent of patients in primary care physician offices that were included in a 1994 study suffered from a major psychiatric disorder, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association.
If you experience any or all of the following, you may need behavioral care:
- Recurrent thoughts of death
- An increase in isolative or withdrawn behavior
- Significant change in sleeping patterns
- Overwhelming sadness or loneliness
- Loss of interest, appetite, motivation
- Severe anxiety and/or panic attacks
- Recent changes in medication (with secondary behavioral changes)
- A recent medical or psychiatric hospitalization
- Active hallucinations
The Behavioral Medicine Services Department at White Memorial Medical Center is a tertiary adult psychiatric facility, which treats patients whose behaviors impair function. Our goal is to return patients to the community at an improved level of functioning, using an interdisciplinary, family centered and culturally sensitive approach.
If you need our services, we'll do an evaluation and, if needed, prescribe inpatient or outpatient treatment that matches your needs. We provide each person with caring and compassionate support toward living to his or her utmost abilities. Our programs help teach you skills you need to cope with daily stressors.
Every patient, without exception, is referred back to the referring physician once they complete treatment. Ongoing reports and communication are provided to the primary care physician throughout behavioral care.
White Memorial accepts Medicare, Medi-Cal, and private health plans, including most HMOs.
- We provide a safe environment for patients with chronic and persistent mental illness, those suffering from depression and those gravely impaired in their ability to care for themselves.
- Our Joint Commission accredited program focuses on providing short-term crisis intervention to help each person regain functional ability.
- Our 35 bed unit includes 23 beds for the majority of patients, and 12 beds situated separately and dedicated for patients requiring more intensive treatment and supervision.
How to Reach Us