Volunteer Requirements at WMMCCF
Giving Opportunity: Your Time and Talent
Volunteers make a real difference in the lives of our patients, visitors and staff members. It all starts with a desire to help others by donating your time and talent. As a Volunteer, you'll work with our hospital staff to provide quality care to patients and assist in meeting the needs of our patients and their families and visitors.
You, too, can experience the satisfaction of knowing you are helping your neighbors by becoming a White Memorial Volunteer. You can start with a commitment of as little as four hours a week. If you have more time to give, that's all the better. The time you give to White Memorial will make a huge difference to many people.
Requirements for Volunteering:
- You must be at least 14.5 years of age (prospective volunteers will be placed in an administrative office).
- You must complete and pass a PPD tuberculosis (TB) skin test within 6 months of application date. If you have a history of positive PPD tests, you must submit to a chest X-Ray within 3 years of actual start date.
- You must present documentation of negative TB test (or negative chest x-ray for TB).
- Proof of immunizations for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (i.e., MMR).
- If you have had Chickenpox in the past, you must submit to Varicella titer, a blood test to determine your immunity to Chickenpox, or you must present proof of immunization for Chickenpox if you desire to work with children.
- References (2 professional references for adults; 1 school reference for teenagers).
- Agree to report ON TIME regularly in full uniform with I.D. badge and be in compliance with the dress code when you arrive at your assigned area.
- Background checks will be conducted if the participant is over 18 years old and wants to volunteer in any of the following areas: Pediatric Playroom, Labor & Delivery, Maternity, Rehab, and Emergency Department.
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
1. Complete a Volunteer Orientation Handbook packet. Click here for a printable version or click here to see volunteer opportunities.
2. Interview with the Manager of Volunteer Services.
The Benefits of Volunteering:
- Personal satisfaction in helping others.
- Opportunity to gain experience within the healthcare field.
- Certificate of Service after 100 hours of volunteering.
- $5 complimentary meal ticket when you volunteer for 4 or more hours in 1 day.
- Free TB skin test and MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccination.
- Opportunity to participate in White Memorial employee activities such as the annual picnic, ice cream socials and holiday parties.
- Complimentary parking.
For More Information
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
8:30 a.m. to noon
Saturday & Sunday: